REQ #: 13283
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Inventory, control, and coordinate the transfer of government owned materials
- Execute and maintain material control documentation and files
- Execute and maintain accurate transaction records for the issue and receipt of company tools (including rental items) and tool room materials
- Assure compliance with company tool room policies
- Inspect all materials and equipment received and verify correctness of shipment against purchase orders, packing slips and other shipping documents, Objective Quality Evidence and Certificates of Compliance or other validating information
- Inspect all shipments received for damage and document same; report damage to the appropriate parties
- Document and track the transfer of materials and equipment between locations; assure transferred items are properly packaged and handled
- Assure all material and equipment tagging requirements are executed and maintained
- Issue and receive company tools (including rental items) and tool room material inventories and maintain an accurate data base of all transactions
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of marine and industrial materials, equipment and tools for purposes of accurate identification
- Able to learn and effectively use company cost accounting and tool tracking software
- Able to use and/or obtain an operator’s license for pallet trucks, forklifts, and commercial trucks
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- High School degree or equivalent
- Minimum 6 months experience in material control position or related field
This position is performed in a manufacturing environment, with some local travel between facilities. Primary work location is 650 / 750 Chautauqua Ave, Portsmouth, VA.
Fairlead Integrated, LLC. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employ Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers (Minority / Female / Disability / Veterans).
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, GO HERE: https://fairlead.com/realistic-job-preview/