REQ #: 13930
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in overall scheduling, availability, and transportation of production material
- Ensure accurate time keeping and compliance with departmental and DOT safety policies
- Work together with supervision, other staff, vendors, suppliers, and customers to ensure on‐time availability of production material across several facilities
- Coordinate with supervision and staff on project specific material and receipt inspection requirements
- Monitor the purchase, receipt, and acceptance of vendor, customer, and government furnished material(s)
- Provide input, recommendations, and other feedback regarding continuous process improvement
- Utilize company ERP/MRP software along with Microsoft Office products and Adobe Acrobat to provide weekly material availability reports, to review weekly and daily plans of action and milestones, to track mileage, to complete driver inspection reports and logs, and to effectively communicate with supervision, vendors, and other internal and external team members
- Operate various Commercial Motor Vehicles on public and non‐public roads (in yard) to move trailers and/or material to/from dock or other staging areas and locations in accordance with company policies, procedures, and DOT regulations
- Must obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in accordance with weather/road conditions
- Notify supervision of any maintenance or delivery issues encountered
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate professional, morally, and ethically sound behavior not only consistent with company policies but also in keeping with a position requiring access to and the development of sensitive technical data
- Develop rapport and professional working relationship with both internal and external customers as well as vendors, suppliers, subcontractors, and other internal and external team members
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to form strong relationships and communication channels across the Must be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively to customers, staff
- Proficient in the use of various material handling equipment (overhead cranes, forklifts, telehandlers)
- Positive attitude and the ability to motivate coworkers and supporting team members
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of three years directly related logistics experience
- Candidates must be at least 21 years old with a clean driving record and an unrestricted Class A CDL
- Experience with naval ship new construction and various local shipyards preferred
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass and hold various background checks and security clearances
While performing these job duties, employees are routinely required to stand, walk, lift (<50 lbs), climb, crawl, and sit. To use their hands and fingers to reach, handle, and feel objects, tools, or controls and to type or write. Employees are also required to be able to see, talk, hear, and smell. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position is performed in a traditional shipyard environment with frequent local travel between facilities and project locations as required. Expect to spend portions of each day in the yard and/or at various locations. Occasional travel outside of the local area may be required in support of customers, vendors, suppliers, and other team members.
Primary work location: 201 Wavy Street, Portsmouth, VA.
Fairlead Integrated, LLC. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employ Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers (Minority / Female / Disability / Veterans).
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, GO HERE: https://fairleadint.com/realistic-job-preview/