REQ #: 13236
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs; has full authority for personnel actions; directly responsible for training and development of staff.
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of department processes, and a keen ability to plan, prioritize, and quickly solve problems in a compliant and reliable manner.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing/subcontracting strategies; seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers, and achieve high quality, profitable contracts/agreements with optimal terms.
- Responsible for review and approval of terms and conditions on purchase orders and/or subcontract terms; leads and/or supports staff in negotiation strategies and live negotiations.
- Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Supervise and manage the assigned Supply Chain and Material Control staff, reviewing and implementing the company’s supply chain processes while ensuring full compliance with company approved procedures, and ensuring compliance with all government regulations affecting purchasing.
- Work closely with Managers/Directors to ensure material demands are satisfied in a timely manner and to determine and implement long term material delivery solutions.
- Perform strategic procurement activities across multiple spending categories of spend, source equipment, goods and services; and facilitate relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Implement and manage systems to track vendor & supplier compliance with contractual flow down clauses.
- Manages and maintains supplier relationships while monitoring performance; Assess, manage, and mitigate procurement risks, to include vendor and supplier financial and performance viability.
- Coordinates with internal partners such as Contracts and Planning to ensure contractual compliance with customer orders, period of performance adherence, and to determine quantity and timing of project related deliveries.
- Partner with operational stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation is developed for all procurements and subcontracts.
- Monitors vendors and suppliers on time delivery of materials and services; develop and execute strategies to improve deliveries.
- Develop, track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve purchasing effectiveness.
- Monitor price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Participates in strategy discussions to include, business approaches, cost considerations, and potential customer value.
- Fills in as Acting Director of SCM as needed.
Experience, Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
- BS/BA degree in supply chain management, logistics, contracts, or business administration (education can be substituted for equivalent experience).
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in supply chain management, contract management, program management, finance, business administration or a combination of these areas.
- Proven working experience as contracts/subcontracts/procurement manager, agent or officer
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Working experience of vendor management software, Cost Point experience required
- Ability to gather and analyze data, and present findings to senior management
- Solid judgement and decision making skills
- Strong leadership and people managing capabilities
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed to satisfy all position requirements
- Proficiency in MS 365; Experience with an enterprise system
This position is performed in a traditional office environment, with local travel between facilities. Primary work location is 500 Crawford Street, Portsmouth, VA.
Fairlead Integrated, LLC. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employ Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers (Minority / Female / Disability / Veterans).
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, GO HERE: https://fairlead.com/realistic-job-preview/