REQ #: 12417
Essential Roles and Responsibilities of Helper – Structural (2nd Shift):
- Learn to read and understand plans, blueprints, and specifications. Visualize two-dimensional and three-dimensional drawings in three dimensions.
- Follow established jobsite safety and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work area. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Load, transport, unload, and furnish welders and shipfitters with materials, tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Clean work area and restock supplies and materials as necessary; assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of materials and workpieces during installation.
- Learn to use appropriate hand and power tools to assist ship fitters and welders to properly measure, cut, bend, fit, clean, prep, and weld steel and help to install all other related items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications.
- Perform other routine duties as directed by supervisors.
- Possess basic fabrication and metals working knowledge.
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools (grinders, sanders, drills, etc…) and must be able to read both imperial and metric measuring tape and/or stick rule.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with other team members and company employees.
- Prior exposure to high school metals shop classes or similar vocational training preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- No prior experience is necessary.
This position is performed in a traditional shipyard environment with some local travel between facilities and project locations.
Fairlead Integrated, LLC. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employ Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers (Minority / Female / Disability / Veterans).
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, GO HERE: https://fairleadint.com/realistic-job-preview/